Welcome to Holidaying In
Our aim, to provide engaging and insightful travel guides on worldwide destinations written by some of travel writing's finest. Through our articles, interactive maps, videos and huge range of online resources we hope to capture the essence of a holiday destination, look at a little of its history, culture and people and provide you, our readers, with a few ideas on some fab things to do when you hit the ground.
If you're looking for great rates on a range of hotels, compare worldwide hotel prices with trivago.
Enjoy your stay at Holidaying In and bon voyage!
Exploring Scenic Barbados
When people think of Barbados, it's usually of its sparkling beaches, steel drum music, laid-back accommodation and its cultural reminders of the former British Empire. But the island, lying in the Eastern Caribbean is also the setting of untamed nature.Read It
Latest Articles» Hotelopia Tickets (2013-06-07)
» Diving in Paradise (2013-05-16)
» Dublin - Where's the Craic? (2013-05-07)
» See the Real Chicago (2013-04-15)
» Why Istanbul Deserves its Nickname 'City of the World's Desire' (2013-03-04)
» Ireland Up Close and Personal (2013-02-06)
» Rome's Inspiring Fountains (2013-02-02)
» A Bit of the Real Caribbean (2013-01-21)
» What to do in Olu Deniz (2012-10-30)
» Best Road Trip Ideas in North America (2012-10-29)
» What to Do on Your Trip to San Francisco this October (2012-09-28)
» Which Four Seasons Maldives Resort is right for you? (2012-09-27)
» Solo Travel in New York City (2012-07-12)
» Madrid's Magnificent Parks (2012-07-03)
» Fine Dining in Berlin (2012-07-03)
» Barcelona Markets (2012-07-02)
Calling All Travel Writers
A touch of Twain, a hint of Hemingway? Share your travel tale with Holidaying In and if we publish it, we'll whack 15 bucks straight into your PayPal account - can't get fairer than that. It won't make you rich but it may just get you a round of Margaritas in next time you're down Mexico way.Find Out More
Latest City Guides
- And Seattle? The lucky Northwest hub of all that is cool and caffeinated can lay claim to three: dark green, of course, for its abundant parks and forests. Rainy gray, naturally, for its famously dank skies. And a marine blue for its spectacular neighboring sound.
- In Sydney, the largest, oldest, and most beautiful of Australia's cities, the monumental doesn't figure prominently. There are no great pyramids, no historic ruins, no monuments or buildings that warrant a tedious day of touring, except perhaps its Opera House and Harbor Bridge. But those two landmarks aside, it's Sydney's colorful neighborhoods and their inhabitants that will give you the most enjoyment.
- Las Vegas is a city so fabled and so fictional that its reputation not only precedes it, it practically has its own address and personal staff. So finding what you love – the glitter, the showmanship, the desert history, the Bugsy Siegel stories, the Howard Hughes tales, the building of Hoover Dam, the reviving of countless celebrities' careers – may take a moment of quiet and reflection in a city that truly is up at all hours.
- Your first impression of Amsterdam may be how much it resembles a giant outdoor museum. Indeed, 6,700 building in the city center are protected monuments, virtually intact from the Golden Age of the 17th Century, during which time Amsterdam rose to spectacular wealth, political power and cultural heights.
- There are cities that look back and cities that gaze long but chief among the cities for looking up is that horn-honky, glass-gleamy, culture-cool megalopolis, New York City.
- The city center contains many of Munich's most notable sights, including the two Pinakothek modern art museum, the Schrannenhalle, an old grain market filled with delicatessens and food stalls, and the traditional beer halls.
All Our Guides
Take a look at the great range of affordable Villas in Menorca with Villa Parade. Enjoy the unspoilt beauty of one of the most tranquil and least built-up islands in the Mediterranean.
Visit Marmaris with it's beautiful coastline, friendly locals, great fresh seafood and delicious local wine. Find your Marmaris holidays from www.marmaris.co.uk
Hotelopia offers its visitors a choice from over 40,000 hotels in more than 2,800 destinations in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.